The original All Saints’ Church pre-dates the creation of the Anglican Diocese by a couple of hundred years. The church was founded in 1649 for colonial settlers to give them a shorter journey to prayer on Sundays. The original structure was destroyed by a hurricane in 1831. A second church was pulled down soon after for being unsafe. The current church was built and consecrated in 1884.
The Anglican Diocese of Barbados was established in 1824 at the same time as the Diocese of Jamaica. Both were nominally under the control of the Bishop of London.